By default, Internet Explorer opens Excel and Word files within the browser window. This can be annoying if you want to work with them in the real applications. To get IE to always open these files using the correct application:
– click Start >> Control Panel >> Folder Options
– click on the File Types tab
– find the XLS file type in the list and click on it
– click on the Advanced button
– uncheck the “Browse in same window” option
– click OK to close the Edit File Type dialog
– find the DOC file type and repeat the above three steps
– click OK to close the Folder Options dialog
Splendid. Saved me a lot of time . Cheers
Is it possible to take the above step and turn it into a script to deploy??
I don’t know much about Windows scripting, but I’m sure it’s possible somehow. If someone would like to email me a script to do this, I’ll happily add it to this page.
Thank You! Worked like a charm!
Comments are closed.