Here’s an interesting video about [picking public fruit](http://kcet.org/explore-ca/web-stories/sustaining/fallen_fruit.php).
– Fallen Fruit is a group that maps local fruit trees and encourages sharing through group plantings and “forages”
– take people on walking forages to collect public fruit growing in the neighbourhood
– fruit growing on public property or hanging over fences onto public property is “public fruit” and can be legally picked
– streets with accessible fruit are “generous”
– fruit picker (e.g. from Home Depot) is required – all fruit at human-level gets picked before you get there